Zopiclone is a medicine recommended for the treatment of insomnia or difficulty sleeping. It can help you get to sleep faster without having you wake up in the middle of the night, meaning you can sleep through the night. Zopiclone falls under the category of drugs known as central nervous system (CNS) depressants that make you less start, sleepy, or drowsy. This medication is available under a prescription and must be used under the supervision of a doctor. Long-term, continuous use of Zopiclone is inadvisable.
Zopiclone is a hypnotic drug that modulates the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptor. GABAA is one of the central nervous system’s major inhibitory neurotransmitters (brain chemicals). Simply put, the drug works by depressing the central nervous system so you can fall asleep. However, the exact mechanism is still unknown. It has been presumed that Zopiclone makes you sleepy by working on a specific brain chemical.
- Typically, the dose of Zopiclone depends on age, drug response, and insomnia severity. However, doctors may advise Zopiclone 7.5 mg only once in 24 hours.
- You must take this medication orally, with or without food, preferably before going to bed or as advised by your doctor.
- It is important to note that Zopiclone should be used only for a shorter duration, up to 3 to 4 weeks. Long-term use of this sleeping aid is not advisable.
- Do not decrease or increase the dose that has been advised to you. Do not take this sleeping pill for a longer duration than recommended.
- You may develop drug tolerance after using it for a longer duration, making the drug less effective when you use it in the future.
- Bitter taste
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
These side effects may occur in the first few days of treatment because your body tries to adjust to Zopiclone. If these side effects continue to aggravate, see your doctor immediately. Visit your nearest ER if you develop an irregular heartbeat, skin rash, severe drowsiness, slurry speech, confusion, memory loss, depression, or behavioural changes.
- Before you use Zopiclone 7.5 mg tablets, inform your doctor if you have any medical issues, such as kidney/liver disease, respiratory problems, a history of drug abuse, etc.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other OTC or prescription sleeping aid before using this insomnia medication. This will help prevent unwanted drug interactions.
- Avoid using this sleeping pill if you have a history of Zopiclone allergy. Check with your doctor for more details on drug allergies.
- Zopiclone must be used during pregnancy only if your doctor has recommended it. Please discuss the risks and benefits of this sleep medication with your doctor.
- Some of this insomnia medication has been found in breast milk, so consult your doctor about using the drug during breastfeeding.
- Zopiclone can cause drowsiness and sleepiness, so avoid operating machinery, or engaging in risky outdoor activities, especially driving.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and illicit use of drugs (cannabis) while using this sleeping aid because they may increase the risk of adverse effects.
- If you suspect an overdose of Zopiclone, go to the emergency room immediately. The overdose symptoms include excessive drowsiness, shallow breathing, and increased perspiration.
- Older patients are more sensitive to the side effects of Zopiclone, so they must use the drug with extra caution.
- Zopiclone users may experience sleeping difficulties for a couple of nights after they stop using it. So, be aware of this effect and check with your doctor if the problem persists.
Orders are typically processed within 24 hours, and tracking numbers will be sent within a few days.
Our store can ship to any country worldwide. Depending on your location, your orders can take 1-2 weeks.
You can enter your tracking number on our website to track your package. Once it enters your country, you can use your local postal service website (USPS, la poste, royal mail) to check for updates.
We offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders above $250!