Vilitra is a generic equivalent of Levitra. It contains, Vardenafil, the same active constituent as that present in Levitra. It is an oral therapy for erectile dysfunction treatment. Vilitra is available in the form of round-shaped, orange-colored oral tablets. It helps men to obtain and maintain a firm and strong penile erection by increasing blood supply to the penile organ. Vardenafil is approved by the FDA in 2003 for treatment of erectile dysfunction. Vardenafil resembles Sildenafil citrate in structure. It belongs to a pharmacological class of PDE inhibitors. It has a molecular formula of C23H32N6O4S and a molecular weight of 489 g/mol. Along with erectile dysfunction, this medication can be useful for the treatment of premature ejaculation, in which it can considerably increase the period between penetration and ejaculation.
Vilitra will produce its action only when a man is sexually aroused. To observe the effect of this medication, you need to take these oral tablets at least 30 minutes before sexual intercourse. It contains Vardenafil, the fastest-acting PDE-5 inhibitor. Its effect is seen within 10 minutes. The action of Vilitra lasts for about five to seven hours on an average.
When a man is sexually aroused, there is a release of nitric oxide inside the penile region. Nitric oxide stimulates the synthesis of cGMP, whose function is to produce dilation of the blood vessels and relaxation of smooth muscles inside the penile region. Another enzyme, PDE5, produces degradation of cGMP. Vardenafil, potent PDE-5 inhibitor stops the action of PDE5, thus elevating the levels of cGMP inside the penile region. This enables a man to achieve an erection.
- Read and follow all the instructions given on the prescription leaflet carefully before taking the medication.
- If you do not understand any of the instructions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- This medication should not be taken without consulting a physician.
- The dose of Vilitra depends on the degree of erectile dysfunction, response to treatment and overall health of the user
- For effective results, this medication needs to be taken at least 30 minutes before engaging in sexual activity.
- Maintain a gap of 24 hours between two doses of Vilitra. Taking two Vilitra tablets in 24 hours can lead to undesirable side effects.
- Do not crush, chew or break the tablets. Swallow them as a whole with a glass of water.
- Remember that Vilitra 10 mg is to be taken only when on demand. You can take it with or without meals.
Normally, serious side effects are not observed with this medication. However, few men can experience certain side effects. These side effects are mild and momentary. They subside after the drug eliminates from the body. The most commonly experienced side effects of this medication are mentioned below-
- Abdominal discomfort
However, immediately call your medical practitioner if any of the above symptoms exacerbate or last longer. Stop taking Vilitra 10 mg at once and seek immediate medical assistance if you suffer serious side effects such as cardiac arrhythmia, severe dizziness, and trouble breathing.
- In case you have a history of allergy to its active or inactive components, do not consume the medication.
- This medication is not recommended for use in men suffering from heart troubles, kidney disorder, liver disorder, high or low blood pressure, priapism, eye troubles, and bleeding disorders.
- Use this medication with caution in older men as they can be more sensitive to the side effects of this medication, particularly QT prolongation.
- Limit your alcohol intake while taking Vilitra. It might increase the risk of adverse effects like dizziness, flushing, etc.
- Do not consume grapefruit juice or grapefruit as it can increase the risk of side effects.
- Vilitra medication should not be used for recreational purposes. It is recommended for use only in men suffering from ED.
- This medication is not suggested for use in men under 18 years of age.
- Medicines such as nitrates, alpha-blockers or blood pressure drugs should not be used along with Vilitra 10mg.
- Do not engage in activities such as driving or operating machinery as this medicine is likely to make you feel drowsy.
- Also, avoid the use of medications such as efavirenz, amlodipine, atenolol, carvedilol, and moxifloxacin with Vilitra.