Vidalista is a generic medication used for treating erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence. The active chemical component present in Vidalista is Tadalafil. Its restores erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penile organ. Vidalista does not increase sexual desire or offer protection against sexually transmitted diseases. Due to its long duration of action of 36 hours, it is the most preferred ED medication. These pills have an almond shape and are yellow-colored. The active component, Tadalafil is sold under the brand ‘Cialis.’ It has a molecular formula- C22H19N3O4 and molecular weight of 389.41. Tadalafil is the FDA approved molecule. The other uses of Tadalafil include benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and pulmonary hypertension.
The effect of Vidalista can be observed only if a man is sexually aroused. After oral consumption, the action of this medication begins within 20 minutes, while, its effect lasts for a duration of 36 hours.The active component, Tadalafil, present in Vidalista inhibits the action of PDE-5 enzyme. The PDE-5 enzyme degrades cGMP. cGMP is an endogenous substance that helps in relaxation of smooth muscles and dilation of the penile arteries. The inhibition of PDE-5 present inside the penile region elevates cGMP levels and thus relaxation of smooth muscles and dilation of the blood vessels takes place. The dilated blood vessels help to improve the blood flow to the penile organ. The increased supply of blood helps a man to achieve a firm and strong penile erection.
- Before taking this medication, read and follow all the directions for use on the prescription label carefully.
- Vidalista is available as oral tablets. They are to be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- The dose of this medication can vary depending on the degree of erectile dysfunction and the medical history of a person.
- Taking this medicine in greater quantities or more often will not do any good. On the contrary, it can lead to undesirable reactions.
- Vidalista medication is to be taken only once in 24 hours, at least 30 minutes before engaging in sexual intercourse.
- You can take this medicine with or without food. Avoid consuming grapefruit products.
- Do not crush, chew or break the oral tablets of Vidalista. Doing so can result in an incorrect amount of dose reaching the body.
Overall, this is a well-tolerated medication. However, few can experience certain side effects. The following side effects are commonly observed with Vidalista-
- Sinus congestion
- Back pain
- Skin rash
These side effects are mild and they recede after the drug eliminates from the body. However, inform your doctor immediately if any of the above side effects aggravate or worsen over time. Rarely, a serious side effect is observed with this medication. In case of serious side effect, immediately inform your physician at once and get immediate medical help.
- Before consuming Vidalista 100mg, tell your complete medical history to your doctor.
- Avoid drugs containing nitrates (‘poppers’) such as amyl nitrate, butyl nitrate, or nitrite with Vidalista. These medications together can produce a severe drop in blood pressure.
- Limit your alcohol intake while taking this medication. If you observe symptoms such as dizziness, flushing, fainting, immediately report to your healthcare provider.
- Do not take this medication if you are allergic to its active or inactive components.
- Avoid taking medicines like amlodipine, ketoconazole, nitroglycerine, carbamazepine, and phenytoin, etc. with Vidalista.
- This medication is contraindicated in users suffering from heart problems like irregular heartbeats, heart attack, stroke, kidney disease, liver disease, high or low blood pressure, priapism, and dehydration, etc.
- Never use this medication for recreational purposes.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after consuming this medication as it increases your chances of drowsiness.
- Men below 18 years of age should not take this medication.
- This medication is not recommended for use in men taking blood pressure-lowering medications, alpha-blockers, etc.