Modvigil is one of the effective smart drugs and nootropic agents advised to people with extreme sleepiness caused by narcolepsy and sleep apnea. It has strong wakefulness-promoting effects, which keeps you awake for longer hours. Modvigil is highly effective for people with shift work sleep disorder(SWSD) as its active drug modafinil promotes wakefulness, keeping you from falling asleep at work. Remember, Modvigil does not cure narcolepsy or sleep apnea permanently. It also does not cure tiredness or keep you awake for a longer period.In addition to treating excessive sleepiness, Modvigilhas been foundeffective at enhancing cognitive function because it improves brain function. Modafinil is the active drug of Modvigil, which is non-addictive, meaning the user will not get addicted to the drug or will not develop drug dependence on using it for a certain period of time.
The exact action mechanism of Modvigil is not clearly understood. However, it is presumedthat this nootropic drug acts on the central nervous system (CNS), working on certain brain chemicals, or so-called neurotransmitters, to keep you alert. It works on those chemicals that regulate your sleep-wake cycle. Since this generic version of Provigil improves brain function, it is known to boost cognitive function, motivation, concentration, focus, alertness, and attention.
- For proper dosage and instructions, you must see your doctor because the dosage is advised on the basis of your condition, overall health, and drug response.
- For patients with narcolepsy and OSA, Modvigil should be taken once a day in the morning.
- For patients with shift work sleep disorder, it should be taken one hour before the shift starts.
- One can take this smart drug with or without food.
- It is important that you take this nootropic agent on a regular basis to notice an improvement.
- Do not crush, chew or break the pill – doing so may decrease the drug’s efficacy.
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Difficulty sleeping
If any of these drug reactions persist, worsen or aggravate, see your doctor immediately. Visit your nearest ER if you experience serve drug reactions such as palpitations, irregular pulse, mood swings, suicidal thoughts, confusion, or severe depression.
- If you have a history of any drug allergy, including modafinil, please inform your doctor before using Modvigil 200 mg. In fact, you should not use this smart drug if you are allergic to modafinil.
- If you have or have had ant medical condition, including heart disease, diabetes, neurological conditions, or history of drug abuse, you must inform your doctor before starting to use this nootropic.
- It is important to inform your doctor about the medications you take, whether it is a prescription drug, a non-prescription drug,herbal supplements, or a multivitamin before using Modvigil.
- While taking this smart drug, if your doctor or dentist suggests any surgery, inform that you have been taking the medication.
- Modvigil 200 mg is not an addictive smart drug, but it may cause addiction in some users. And the risk of addiction is more in those who are the victim of drug/substance abuse.
- You should take this nootropic agent exactly as suggested by your doctor to stay away from addiction or withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not indulge in driving, riding, or operating machine while using this medicine because the drug may cause mild to moderate dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol or use cannabis (marijuana) during treatment because this nootropic agent is incompatible with such substances.
- Do not use this medication is you are pregnant or breast-feeding, as the safety of the drug for unborn babies and newborns is not documented.