Kamagra is a cheap alternative to Viagra. It is a generic copy of Viagra and thus is available at cheaper rates as compared to Viagra. Viagra is the branded medication prescribed for treating erectile dysfunction in men. Sildenafil citrate is the active constituent present in both the medications. Kamagra is available in the market in the form of diamond-shaped, blue-colored oral tablets. It only restores erectile dysfunction by enhancing the blood flow to the penile organ. It is available on prescription at medical stores and online drugstores. Kamagra does not have aphrodisiac properties and it does not protect from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Sildenafil citrate, the active constituent of Kamagra is FDA approved. Since its approval, several prescriptions were written for Sildenafil citrate. Its discovery was a landmark in the field of sexual medicine. It has a molecular formula and molecular weight of C22H30N6O4S and 474.58 g/mol respectively. The other uses of Sildenafil include pulmonary hypertension, Raynaud’s syndrome, etc.
Prior sexual stimulation is required for experiencing the effect of Kamagra. Sildenafil is a potent PDE 5 inhibitor. It inhibits the action of PDE-5 enzyme present inside the penile region in large quantities. This inhibitory action stops the degradation of an endogenous chemical called cGMP. This substance helps in the relaxation of smooth muscles and dilation of the blood vessels inside the penile region. The dilated blood vessels boost the amount of blood reaching the penile organ.
A sufficient quantity of blood supply produces a firm and strong penile erection necessary for satisfactory sexual intercourse. The action of Kamagra can be seen within 30 to 60 minutes post oral administration. Its effect lasts for about four to five hours on average. Kamagra is sold in doses such as 25mg, 50mg, and 100mg. The usual starting dose is 50mg. However, the dose can be increased or decreased depending on the severity of the condition, medical history and response to the treatment.
- Read and follow all the instructions on the prescription label carefully before taking Kamagra. If you have any questions, ask your physician or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
- Take these oral tablets at least an hour before commencing sexual intercourse.
- Take this medicine on an empty stomach or with foods containing lesser fats.
- Take two doses of Kamagra 24 hours apart to avoid unpleasant results.
- Swallow these tablets as a whole without crushing, chewing or breaking.
The side effects produced by this medication are mild and temporary. They persist only until the drug is present in the body. The most commonly observed side effects witnessed with Kamagra include
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
If any of these side effects intensify or continue for a long time, call your healthcare provider instantaneously and seek medical care. Also, if you observe serious side effects such as painful or prolonged erection, extreme fatigue, and fainting, call your healthcare provider at once.
- Your doctor should be aware of your entire medical history, your current health condition before taking this medication.
- Do not consume this medication more often or in larger amounts than recommended by your physician.
- Do not consume meals rich in fat content, grapefruit products, and alcohol while on treatment with Kamagra. These substances can delay the absorption of the drug.
- Do not use this medication if you are suffering from cardiovascular disorders, bleeding disorders, kidney dysfunction, liver dysfunction, stomach ulcers, and eye troubles.
- Inform your physician or pharmacist if you have a history of allergy to any of the active or inactive components present in this medication.
- Avoid activities such as driving or operating machinery while taking Kamagra as it is likely to cause drowsiness.
- Limit your alcohol intake and speak to your physician if you are using marijuana while taking Kamagra.
- This medication is not approved for use in men below 18 years of age. It should only be consumed by men suffering from erectile dysfunction.
- To avoid the risk of drowsiness, always get up slowly from sleeping or sitting position.
- This medication is contraindicated for use in men taking nitrates, alpha-blockers, other erectile dysfunction medications, anti-HIV medicines.