Cenforce is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both contain the same active constituent, Sildenafil citrate. It is widely recommended for treating erectile dysfunction or impotence. Cenforce is available in the form of light blue-colored, diamond-shaped oral tablets. Cenforce is not an aphrodisiac and it does not offer protection from sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s). It improves sexual dysfunction by boosting the blood flow to the penile region. The active constituent, Sildenafil citrate revolutionized the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It was discovered by a group of scientists working at Pfizer. The Food and Drug Administration approved Sildenafil citrate in 1998 for treating erectile dysfunction. It has a molecular formula of C22H30N6O4S and a molecular weight of 474.58 g/mol. Along with erectile dysfunction, this drug molecule is also useful for treating pulmonary hypertension in adults. Sildenafil citrate is available in doses such as 20mg, 25mg, 50mg, and 100mg. The doses of 25mg, 50mg, and 100mg are used for managing erectile dysfunction.
Sildenafil citrate present in Cenforce is a potent PDE-5 inhibitor. It inhibits the action of PDE-5 enzyme present in abundance inside the penile region. This inhibitory action prevents the degradation of an endogenous substance known as cGMP. This substance produces relaxation of smooth muscles and dilation of the blood vessels inside the penile region. The dilated blood vessels improve the amount of blood reaching the penile organ. An adequate amount of blood supply enables a man to have a firm and strong penile erection.
The action of Cenforce can be seen within 30 to 60 minutes post oral consumption. Its effect persists for about four to five hours on an average. A major part of this medication is excreted via feces, while some part is eliminated via the urine.
- If you are taking Cenforce, follow all the directions given by your physician carefully.
- Cenforce is available as a tablet to be taken by mouth. The best time to consume it is one hour before indulging in sexual activity.
- This medication can be consumed with or without food. However, avoid meals rich in fat content.
- The dose of Cenforce will depend on the severity of erectile dysfunction, response to treatment and medical history.
- For avoiding undesirable consequences, take two doses of Cenforce 100 mg 24 hours apart.
- Do not crush, break or chew oral tablets. Take them as a whole with a glass of water.
- This medication will only work if a man is sexually aroused. It does not have aphrodisiac property.
A physician has prescribed you this medication after judging that the benefits to you are greater than side effects. This medication rarely produces serious side effects. The side effects produced by this medication are minimal. They disappear after the drug eliminates from the body. The most common side effects witnessed with this medication include
- Stomach pain
- Sinus congestion
If any of the above-mentioned side effects aggravate or last longer, call your healthcare provider at once and seek medical assistance. Also, if you suffer from symptoms such as painful or prolonged erection, extreme tiredness, and fainting, seek medical assistance at once.
- Before you start using this medication, inform your physician about all medications that you are taking and about your chronic and acute illnesses.
- Avoid consuming fatty food, grapefruit products, and alcohol while on treatment with Cenforce. These substances can hinder drug’s absorption process.
- Always inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are sensitive to any of the active or inactive constituents present in this medication.
- The use of this medicine is contraindicated in various health ailments such as heart disorders, kidney disorders, liver dysfunction, and eye issues.
- Men below 18 years of age should not consume this medicine. This medicine should only be used by men suffering from erectile dysfunction.
- To reduce the risk of drowsiness, avoid indulging in activities that require mental concentration.
- Always get up slowly from a sleeping or sitting position to avoid the risk of dizziness.
- Medicines such as alpha-blockers, nitrates, and blood pressure-lowering drugs should not be taken together with Cenforce 100 mg. Together these medications can produce a severe drop in blood pressure.